Illinois South Conference News
HURRICANE HARVEY RELIEF: Priscilla Self, our ISC Disaster Coordinator, is working to coordinate the assembly and distribution of Church World Service (CWS) buckets that will be used for clean-up after Hurricane Harvey. You can help in one of the following ways:
- Donations of fully assembled CWS buckets (list of items is in narthex)
- Donations of items for the buckets (list of items is in the narthex)
- Bring buckets and items to St. John or to Clean Up Bucket Day (see below)
- Clean Up Bucket day will be Thursday, September 21, at St. John’s UCC in Collinsville 307 W. Clay St., Collinsville IL 62234
- Drop off the specific items for the buckets by 9:00 am
- Assembly of buckets begins at 10:00 am.
- Bring completed buckets between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- Monetary donations for Church World Service buckets. Checks with “CWS bucket supplies” will go to ISC for this purpose.
- Checks with “Hurricane Harvey” will go to UCC Disaster Ministries to directly help victims of Harvey.
- If you wish to donate online you can do so at http://www.ucc.org/disaster_hurricane_harvey.
When Donations Are Not Needed
2017 Annual Meeting
This year’s annual meeting will be one day, Saturday, October 21, 2017, from 8:30 am – 4 pm at the Gateway Convention Center in Collinsville, Illinois. Plan now, to send your delegates to make decisions and follow through on the mission work of the Conference.
2017 Warm Up Event
Prior to the annual meeting, there will be two workshops offered to lay and clergy on Friday, October 20, 2017, from 8:30 am – 4 pm at the St. John Evangelical UCC in Collinsville, Illinois.
- History & Polity of the United Church of Christ presented by Rev. Dr. Martha Brunell and Prof. Jill Baker, and;
- Boundary Training presented by Rev. Jeff Schwab and the Church & Ministry Team.
Lunch is included.